I’m finally back, with the best of 2017! I’m sorry I’m a little late with this, but I still wanted to share.
I forced myself to cut the list down to only 10 products and it was so difficult. Like, the kinda difficult where it’s taken me over a week to be happy with my choices. I’ve tried so many fantastic products this past year, and this is definitely not an exhaustive list, but these are the choices that have been total game changers for me. If you caught last years favourites, you’ll know that in these end-of-year posts I only include products that I tested for the first time in the last 12 months.
Let’s get stuck right in!
Some of these products were sent for review/as gifts/as PR. They are only included here because they were outstanding, and I will individually disclose everything in the text.
1. A by Bom Eoseongcho Watery Cleanser (First tub gifted by A by Bom, second tub bought)
Hands down this is the best first step cleanser I’ve ever used, and I’m not even a balm loving girl – I usually prefer oils. It’s one of the only first steps that I can actually use to remove eye makeup (my eyes are insanely sensitive), and it even removes the most stubborn mascara without irritating my eyes. It’s a huge tub, it lasted me a really long time, and didn’t get that horrible plastic-y stench I usually find with balms after they’ve been open a while? This is the best and I bought myself a second tub with their Christmas edition packaging-adorbs.
2. Shangpree S Energy Facial Mousse Cleanser (Gifted by Shangpree)
This is a really gentle, low pH, foaming cleanser. It’s a little pricey at about $40 I believe, but it’s lasted me aaaages, and it’s super high quality. It also smells really herbally and delightful. I find it very enjoyable to use and feel like it works morning and night, for all skin types.
3. Tiam My Signature C Source Vitamin C Serum (gifted by Tiam)
This is the product that most dramatically changed my skin this year. Perhaps not totally surprising, as it’s an active product containing Vitamin C. But I was taken aback by the level of brightening and skin tone evening results. Full review is here. The only downside with these kind of Vitamin C serums is they usually expire within about three months.
4. Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner (gifted at Seoul Blogger Brunch)
This is verging on K-Beauty Cult Product status, and I can’t believe I didn’t try it earlier. It’s a simple but highly effective and gorgeously hydrating everyday toner. I use it most days and it’s become a total go-to. The scent is divine too, bonus. Full review here.
5. 107 Rose Vinegar Water Toner (gifted by 107)
107 can do no wrong by me. I’ve loved every single product, but this is an extra special one. Using their carefully 7 year fermented vinegar for anti-aging, plus rose water, they’ve created this oil/liquid mist. It’s a fine spray and it feels INCREDIBLE. It’s so hydrating AND moisturizing because of the very slight oil texture. However it’s still light enough for daily morning and night use under any other skincare and/or makeup. I’m completely obsessed.
6. Cosrx Propolis Light Ampoule (gifted by Cosrx at Seoul Blogger Brunch)
Ughhh why did it take me so long to get on the propolis train? I just felt like it would always be too sticky. Whilst this ampoule does have a tacky feel to it, once cream is layered over, it’s just seriously moisturizing and my next morning glow is bombbbb. FYI I only use this at night.
7. A by Bom Ultra Time Return Eye Serum (gifted by A by Bom & SKINiD)
I didn’t think I’d ever feature an eye product here, as I mainly just use them for prevention and don’t get excited about eye products. Whilst I’m still largely just using this serum for prevention and fine line plumping, I’m so damn into the scent and texture. The texture is so silky and smooth and luxe whilst the scent is so herbally. It glides under my eyes with the glass dropper, and truly moisturizes the area without any tackiness or heavy eye-cream feeling. I’ve also been adding the odd drop to my moisturizers and its a perfect extra pop of moisture.
8. Olivarrier Fluid Squalane Oil (gifted by Olivarrier)
This oil is such an easy to use, great beginners oil. It’s not fragranced, and is even safe to use on children apparently. I really enjoying slathering it on, and it saved my peeling nose and chin this winter. However it’s also light enough for night time use in summer! It’s a simple staple for me.
9. 107 Core Flex Hydro-Rich Cream (gifted by 107)
Like I said, 107 are my true love brand. I’ve raved about this cream non-stop, and its one of my all time favourites. I’ll never be without a jar, which considering how many products I own, is really saying something. The gel/cream hybrid feels so soothing and moisturizing, and is the perfect weight for my normal-combo skin. In summer I stick to night time use, in winter its day and night. Full review here.
10. Tiam Face Guard Cream (gifted by Tiam)
This has slowly become a cream I’m reaching for almost daily. It’s kind of taken me by surprise. Although I liked it at first, I didn’t fall head over heels. The scent is a little sweet for me. But over time I’ve seen that my skin loves it and its a perfect day cream. It contains a whopping 75% centella asiatica extract, which I’ve discovered is perfect for soothing the redness and heat I always have in my face. Exciting news is that its now interationally available on Cosmetic Jolse too, yay!
OKAY I LIED, I HAVE 11! I couldn’t help it…
11. Purito Sea Buckthorn Vital 70 Cream (gifted by Purito)
I couldn’t not include this! I talked about it in a recent favourites post, and I’m well through my tube now. It’s a lovely cream that I just find so soothing and comfortable, as well as thoroughly appreciating the orange scent. It has again become a go-to for daily use, and it’s so affordable I can’t believe it. The brand also use very safe, green level ingredients.
Honourable mentions! I’m loving these products but they just missed the top 10:
- Oxygenceuticals Gentle Milk Cleanser (gifted)- this leaves my skin actually feeling moisturized, which is kinda crazy for a cleanser. I just couldn’t include it because I think it’s more of a specific winter morning product, rather than all time best.
- Eleven Huesday Amaranth Serum (gifted)- this is a fabulous hydrating serum that I can actually use during the day (most are usually too sticky or heavy for me).
- Shangpree S-Energy Moist Emulsion (gifted)- such a luxurious day cream. It’s very expensive though and I’m not even sure if it’s available outside of Korea, hence my reasoning not to include it.
- Ladykin Affinitic Snail Cream (gifted)- this is a lovely textured, gentle snail cream. My face laps up snail, so I always knew it would be a good one for me!
- Earth’s Recipe Sun Gel (gifted)- this hasn’t become an HG for me, but it’s definitely up there with some of the best sunscreens I’ve tried.
Products I wanted to include but haven’t been testing long enough to justify. Keep an eye out for more on these:
- Oxygenceuticals Double Peel (gifted)- this is a wash off chemical exfoliant with 24.5% AHA. My skin has felt SO smooth after using it, and instantly brightened. I’ve only done it three times so want to keep going before I conclude, but I’ve been blown away so far.
- Purito Centella Green Level Buffet Serum (gifted)(currently giving away one of these on my IG!)- this such a comfortable, soothing serum. My skin is drinking it up, and it contains 49% centella asiatica extract.
- Beauty of Joseon Sleeping Pack (gifted)- this jelly textured creamy pack has been a lovely sealing agent and extra moisturizer for night time. I wake up with an extra dose of glow!
Damn, I know that was a long one but hope you guys enjoyed! Have you tried any of these? What was your best product of 2017? Let me know!